Sunday, September 12, 2010

Typography Class Experimental Type Project

Another class that I totally love is Typography. I get to play with type and create my own fonts and I finally get experience with InDesign which is really great. So for our first assignment we had to experiment with every day objects and create a text type and choose a quote to go with it.

So I played around with a few things and decided on a quote from Shakespeare and used grocery bags to create my font. I used one bag for each letter and hot glued each one to a piece of card stock that I later scanned and than removed the background digitally. Very time consuming to say the least. Here are some of the versions that I created.

This last one is the version that my instructor liked the most. We have some very interesting projects coming up. I will post my work as I complete the assignments.

No comments: