Friday, September 17, 2010

Hard Light Portrait Assignment

I had so much fun shooting my classmate Amanda for the hard light version of my first in-studio portrait assignment. Amanda worked perfect for this assignment since I wanted to capture an old school Hollywood type of image.  I used I hard light with the spot light directly on her face creating butterfly lighting. I still want to experiment with this type of imagery on a larger scale.
I was also able to capture a profile image of her casting a softer light on her face. I really like how she looks very siren in this image.
Than I just wanted to have a little fun and took another image from the shoot and created a more artistic approach and colored her eyes blue and made her lips red and made the image more dramatic. I hope you enjoy these images as much as I do.

No comments: